Please Read the Terms & Conditions Carefully.
As a Varnet customer, you are responsible for maintaining that part of your telephone line between the demarcation point or protector, which is usually a gray box attached to the outside of your home or business, up to and including your communication devices. To help you maintain the inside wiring and phone jacks in this part of your line, Varnet offers you optional Maintenance Service Plans subject to the following terms:
Varnet must have reasonable access to your premises to diagnose and repair problems.
Varnet must have reasonable access to your premises to diagnose and repair problems. Varnet will try to schedule a mutually convenient appointment, but will be excused from performance if reasonable access is not provided. You may be responsible for a Service Call charge if a technician must return to your premises due to denied access.
Varnet will repair telephone and internet service problems which are in the wiring and jacks located inside your home or business.
Varnet will repair telephone and internet service problems which are in the wiring and jacks located inside your home or business. If the problem is in the wiring between the demarcation point or protector on through the jacks, Varnet will repair or replace the wire and/or modular jack. If the problem is caused by defective or faulty equipment, Varnet will let you know the source of the problem. Varnet does not repair defective phone cords, phones, or equipment unless it is being leased from Varnet. Varnet Maintenance Program does not cover buried, underground or aerial wiring connecting out-buildings such as garages and home extensions on the same extension.
You agree to pay a monthly charge for Varnet Maintenance Program. If you have more than one access line at your location, you must subscribe to Varnet Maintenance Program for each line.
You agree to pay a monthly charge for Varnet Maintenance Program. If you have more than one access line at your location, you must subscribe to Varnet Maintenance Program for each line. If Varnet Maintenance Program is subscribed for after initial install of Varnet services, Varnet Maintenance Program is effective 30-days after date of order. There is no added charge to repair problems in the wiring, jacks and outlets inside your home. Varnet Maintenance Program Maintenance Plans are provided on a month-to-month basis. The rate and other terms or conditions may be changed by Varnet at any time. If the rate, terms or conditions are changed and you do not wish to continue as a subscriber to a Varnet Maintenance Program Maintenance Plan, you may cancel at any time by giving Varnet verbal or written notice to the other.
The monthly charge for Varnet Maintenance Program will appear on your Ducor telephone bill.
Varnet Maintenance Program Maintenance Plans do not cover; problems caused by willful damage to the facilities used in the transmission of telecommunications services or inside wiring, jacks and outlets.
Varnet Maintenance Program Maintenance Plans do not cover (1) problems caused by willful damage to the facilities used in the transmission of telecommunications services or inside wiring, jacks and outlets; (2) inside wiring that is not working or disconnected at the time Varnet Maintenance Program coverage is initiated; (3) the activation and re-activation of jacks or outlets, relocation of jacks or outlets, replacement or installation of new inside wire, jacks or outlets; (4) Drilling or cutting into walls in order to facilitate any repair; (5) damage caused by fire or Acts of God; (6) lines with a telephone key system such as a PBX or other non-basic telephone system; (7) inside wire, jacks or outlets that do not meet industry standard for telecommunications; (8) any repair or replacement that would endanger the safety of an Varnet technician; and (9) inside wiring not related to services provided by Varnet.
What is Covered
- Repair of inside telephone wiring and jacks for customary voice transmissions where there is NO service due to wear and tear or accidental damage caused through normal use (replacement is at the discretion of Varnet)
- Telephone wiring and jacks must be active under the subscriber’s name at the time Inside Wire Maintenance plan was purchased.
- A diagnostic service, identifying the source of a problem to the client’s terminal equipment (phone, fax, modem, cordless phones etc)
- Customers without a self test jack-ended demarcation device will have a self test jack installed, and be covered for the cost of the diagnostic service and repair of jacks and inside wire due to accidental damage
What is Not Covered
- Quality of Local Line reception not covered – i.e. static, humming, echo, etc; there must be “NO Service” (no dial tone)
- Wiring between buildings and non-telephone wiring (e.g. electrical, cable TV, alarm system, audio, intercom, etc.)
- Repair of inside wire or jacks that do not meet industry standards for telecommunication
- Pre-existing malfunctions known to the customer
- Repair of inside telephone wire and jacks due to intentional damage, vandalism or any natural disaster, including fire, flood, lightning strikes, typhoons or other Acts of God.
- New installations, rearrangements or reconfigurations of inside telephone wiring and jacks
- Excessive repair requests, as may be reasonably determined by Varnet
- Repair or replacement of inside telephone wire and jacks due to errors on data transmission (Service applies to voice grade telephone service only).
- Where existing service subscribers request coverage under the Plan, the Plan will not become effective until 30 days after the date the Plan is ordered. This Plan is provided on a month-to-month basis and can be cancelled by either party giving oral or written notice to the other.